Friday, June 29, 2012

Drugstore Powder Highlighters

For quite a while I've been on the hunt for drugstore powder highlighters. I usually come home empty handed or with a cream which I inevitably don't use because they don't give the look I'm after.

What I want is a champagne, golden shimmery powder that I can apply to the tops of my cheekbones, my cupid's bow and around my temples to brighten my face.

I have recently found 2 that are very different in price range, but give me the look I'm going for. I used stock photo's because I could not get the colors to look right on my camera.

1. NYC Sun 'n' Bronze Bronzing Powder in Hamptons Radiance. This is neat because it has 3 different colors striped throughout, so you can use each one individually or swirl them together. Individually, you get a light peachy blush, bronzer and PERFECT highlight shade. All have shimmer. Swirled together, you get a lovely sunkissed and glowy bronzer. At only $5, this is a steal. My only complaint is that the lid is not very secure, it just pops off and on. I wish they'd put this in a compact like Sunny.



photo courtesy of cvs.com

2. Pixi All Over Magic Powder in No. 3-Brightening. So ridiculously gorgeous. It's 5 shades with a little pixi print on the powder that you can use each shade seperately or you can swirl them together for the perfect highlighting shade. It's silky smooth and with that kind of texture, you really need to use it sparingly or blend the heck out of it or you can get an opaque, chalky kind of finish. Used lightly, this will last forever and really is so flattering. I would only use this on top of my cheekbones, cupids bow and maybe down my nose, lightly. I would use a different shade if you wanted to use it on your cheeks. It really is strictly a highlighting shade. You can get these at Target for $24. Which is a lot for drugstore, but it's really stunning and the color is perfect.


photo courtesy of target.com


No comments:

Post a Comment