This look could work for a variety of different events, she even made the hairstyle last until the next day for 2 bridal showers she had to attend. It's classy and fun and most importantly, very easy to do.
I started with her hair. I took a 1 inch curling wand and curled her entire head. After I removed each curl from the wand I kept it wrapped and bobby pinned it to her head for it to cool. Once her whole head was in pins we started on the makeup.
We didn't want anything to dramatic or "sexy", her event was at a religious school and "modesty" was requested. This girl has lashes for days and we thought we'd do a lighter smoky eye and focus on those lashes. I used:
- Estee Lauder matte primer
- CoverGirl 3in1 Foundation
- Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (great dupe for the NARS creamy concealer)
- Rimmel Stay Matte powder on T zone
- NYC Sunny Bronzer
- Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in Exposed
- BECCA highlighter in Moonstone
- NYX Eyebrow pencil in Taupe
- MAC paint pot in Bare Study
- Urban Decay Naked and Naked 2 palettes on eyes
- Urban Decay Perversion mascara on top lashes
- CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara on bottom lashes
- L'Oreal Pencil Perfect eyeliner in Carbon Black (not great for a precise line, but great for smoking out)
- NYX lip liner in Nude
- Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Precious
- Urban Decay setting spray
Then we moved onto the hair. I took all the pins out and was left with a stunning head of perfect curls. I finger brushed most of the curls loose and used Beyond the Zone texturizing powder at her roots for volume. Girl loves big hair and I was happy to oblige her :)
I then used a teasing brush for extra volume at the crown. I pulled all of her hair to one side, leaving a small section out which I fishtail braided. I worked that over to the side and began pinning sections of curls. I basically just pinned each curl to her head about half way down the length so that she had some volume but it still looked loose and "sexy messy". I finished it with John Frieda Luxurious Volume hairspray. It's very fine but SUPER STRONG HOLD without getting crispy. Kept her hair in place for 2 days but still looked soft. She has a ton of hair so this ended up being a gorgeous style on her.