Monday, June 25, 2012

Ombre Sunset Mani-Nail Of The Day

Hello Lovelies!

This weekend was so great. SO LAZY. The only thing we did was go out to dinner last night, other than that we lounged all weekend. It was stormy and rainy and grey here this weekend and Little Man wasn't feeling super hot so that meant keeping him inside and letting him rest.

I got inspired on Saturday and decided to play with my nails while I was watching movies. I thought since I wasn't in a crunch for time like I usually am with my nails, I'd do something a little more adventurous. OMBRE NAILS.

I've seen this pinned on Pinterest, using a makeup wedge to sponge paint your nails ombre. I picked out 3 complementary colors and went at it. First I did a clear base coat, then did 2 coats of Essie Ballet Slippers (a lovely pale barely whisper of a pink). Allowed that to dry and then painted the flat end of the makeup sponge with Essie Tarte Deco (a sorbet kind of coral) and Essie Ole Caliente (deep poppy orangish red).

I painted a lot on the sponge because the sponge soaked up a bit at first. I just rolled the sponge over my nails, let it dry and went back and did it again paying closer attention to the cuticles and edges the second time. I did a top coat of Seche Vite and then went in with a small flat paint brush that I used for cleaning excess polish off my cuticles. This looks very messy when you are done, but nothing a little q-tip or brush with nail polish remover can't clean up.

The result is a really pretty coral to poppy manicure that looks like a sunset. Next time I think I'll try 3 different shades on the ombre to see how that looks. Maybe even red white and blue for the 4th?

Have you tried this tip?



No comments:

Post a Comment