Tuesday, July 31, 2012

More Shimmery Lotion!

I had to go to Walmart last night for groceries. In a rare coincidence, I was alone. K was at his grandparents for the night and my husband was out working still so I got a whole trip all to myself, which is really only a treat when you are a mom.

Since I wasn't being nagged to hit up the toy aisle, I decided to go through the makeup aisle. OBVIOUSLY. I did need some new mascara and had to just peek. I've been toying with the idea of trying Revlon ColorStay Whipped Foundation, but I've never used Revlon foundations and have no idea what color I am. I decided to do a little more research on that and in the meantime...I saw this.



I've mentioned before how much I love the Banana Boat After Sun Lotion. I really do. But it's not something that I'd describe as smelling super feminine. I typically use it around the house. I saw this Hawaiian Tropic After Sun Lotion and fell in love with the smell before I even noticed it was a shimmery lotion. The scent is Coconut Papaya. I don't think it's overly coconutty. It's just a very YUMMY, pretty and summery smell. Not sickly sweet, not too cloying. It smells heavenly.

As for the shimmer, it's gorgeous. The lotion goes on white as you can see below...


It turnes a beautiful golden peachy shade when you rub it in. It does have really pretty golden shimmer and it lasts a long time but it is much more subtle than the Hard Candy shimmery lotion I previously reviewed. I actually think this Hawaiian Tropic lotion is much more wearable and suitable for every day use. The Hard Candy is very shimmery and it's not something I'd wear every day or to work. This lotion definitely is. It's not over the top, but just a very flattering sheen.  It contains Aloe Vera and Cocoa, Shea and Mango butters and is super moisturizing on summer skin but doesn't feel greasy or sticky. With the added bonus of smelling like a summer goddess...I'm sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment