Wednesday, August 1, 2012

July Favorites


Thought I'd do a little quick rundown of some of my favorite items that I used and loved for the month of July. There are some things that I use and might not always blog about, but they do deserve a lil shout out and some love.

1. MoroccanOil. I recently repurchased the giant bottle of MO and have been using it like crazy. Going from brunette back to blonde did a number on my hair, plus we are in the pool or on the boat a lot in the summer and it really does a doozy on my ends. I don't think I've blow dried my hair in several weeks but I use MO every single morning. It smells awesome and makes my hair happy.
04_motreatment
photo courtesy of moroccanoil.com


2. Moist Hemp with Argan Oil lotion. See a theme here? I picked this up at Sally's and have been using it for my daily lotion in the mornings pretty much non-stop since then. It's super moisturizing but it's not thick or heavy. It smells pretty sweet out of the bottle but the scent fades to a nice girlie scent and the lotion is amazing. I will definitely be repurchasing this one.

 


A product thumbnail of Moist Hemp Argan Oil Body Moisturizer
photo courtesy of sallybeauty.com
 
3. ELF Super Glossy Lip Shine in "Wild". This one is just a must have color for summer for me. It is a super bright orangey coral with golden shimmer and just goes perfect with a summer tan and some mascara. It's one of those colors that just instantly makes your face brighter and happier. I really like these lip glosses, for only $1?! Yeah. All over it.



4. Rimmel  Scandaleyes Mascara with Lycra Flex. I am usually pretty loyal to Lancome Hypnose or CoverGirl Lashblast mascara's. The last tube of Lashblast that I purchased was dry almost immediately and it annoyed me into buying a different kind. I saw the brush on this mascara and was so interested I had to give it a shot. This brush is HUGE, and like, a REAL brush. It's not a plasticky brush like you get with Lashblast. It took some getting used to but once I found the technique to use it, I fell hard for this mascara. It does smudge a bit on my bottom lashes, so I only use it on top. You can do a few coats for a regular day to day look or swipe a couple extra coats and BOOM. Mega lashes. I will repurchase for special occasions and nights when you just need those extra flirty lashes.


5. REVLON Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad in "Decadent". WOWZA. I typically wear more neutral/natural colors (think Naked Palette) but I wanted something a little more romantic and found this a few weeks ago. It's amazing. I am pretty picky about eyeshadows and even more picky with drugstore eyeshadows. I thought I'd try this because it's under the Colorstay lable that I trust and it did not disappoint. I will be posting a full review of this soon.
REVLON Colorstay 16 Hour Eye Shadow Quad, Decadent, 0.16 Ounce
photo courtesy of amazon.com

6. Orly Flash Glam FX "Be Brave" nail polish. This is the first bar glitter nail polish I've ever purchased and it is SO MUCH FUN. It does take a little practice to lay those bar glitters down even but it's so worth it. It's a bright holographic pink/purple/bluish glitter in a clear base so you can put it over literally any color and amp up your mani. I've tried it over magenta, robins egg blue, nude, pale pink and the possibilities are really endless with this fun product. It got love this month!

BE BRAVE - 40458
photo courtesy orlybeauty.com

7. China Glaze Strong Adhesion Base Coat. Addicted. I feel like this is the perfect base coat, it is long lasting and if I use this and top with SV, I can make a mani last over 5 days before it starts to chip. I usually get bored with my nails before that so I've used this at least twice a week all month.


photo courtesy chinaglaze.com

8. Revlon PhotoReady Bronzer in "Bronzed and Chic". I seriously use this every day. It is so fantastic and flattering. Instantly perks your skin up whether you are doing a full face of makeup or just a tinted moisturizer around the house. It's my holy grail of bronzers.


Revlon PhotoReady Bronzer
photo courtesy of revlon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment