Friday, August 31, 2012

Drugstore Dupe for NARS Turkish Delight lipgloss

This will be a short post but I had to pass this along.

I was shopping for groceries the other day and needed new mascara (LashBlast has once again let me down, I'm moving on) and happened to see this Bonne Bell Liplites lipgloss. I read in an article forever ago that this was a close dupe for the cult classic creamy pink NARS Turkish Delight. It was only $3 so I figured I'd give it a shot.
photo courtesy of narscosmetics.com


It's PERFECT.

The shade is Strawberry Parfait. Don't let the color in the tube scare you, it looks darker than it is. Once on the lips, you get the exact same effect as you do with Turkish Delight for over $20 less than the NARS version. Bonus, it's a little more moisturizing and feels less sticky on the lips than NARS. I honestly think this is a little more flattering than Turkish Delight.


As a sidenote, I despise the way all NARS lipglosses smell. It's very plasticky and artificial. This Bonne Bell is very strawberry-milk scented but I find it fades after application. I'll take strawberry over plastic anyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment