Thursday, August 23, 2012

Just some thoughts...

As I get more into my blog I'm realizing more and more how I feel about certain things.

Firstly, I didn't get into my blog to make money. That's the #1 question I get and it always perplexes me. I got into it because I have A LOT of opinions about makeup/beauty related items and wanted to share my experiences. If my opinions can help someone purchase something that really works for them, that's great! That's the point!! I am always 100% honest in my reviews and (so far) have not been sent any of the items I've talked about. Everything has been purchased with my own hard earned money. Which, for right now I like better.

I don't recommend expensive brushes or things I've never tried. I try to recommend/review items that are easy to get, things you can go to a store in your town to purchase. The one thing that bothers me the most about the "Beauty Blogging" world is that it seems like the longer a blogger gets into it, the more it turns into a fancy pants bragging game and they seem to lose sight of why they got into it. I don't ever want to forget that the main reason I do this is to help people just like me. Moms, wives, friends who want to be able to find quality products at affordable prices. I don't want to ever do a "haul" or show you all the fancy things I've purchased. That is gross to me and not the point. I don't do this to show off or brag, I do this because I'm passionate about beauty. I have lost interest in SO many beauty bloggers because all of the sudden every video or blog is about their lifestyle and shopping and no longer about tutorials or reviews, which is what brought them so many followers. Get back to being honest and real. That's what's interesting. Not how much money you have or how much jewelry you own from certain high end stores. I don't watch for that stuff and if you are into it, start a FASHION BLOG. I want to learn about eyeliner not purses.

I also want to share as much with you guys as I can while still keeping my private life private. This beauty portion is just a small part of who I am. I really try to keep this to just my beauty interests and the things I am passionate about. I don't do it for money, I don't do it for anything else than the fact that it makes me happy and I like it.

As long as it continues to be fun and people seem to be getting some helpful info, I will continue searching for quality, affordable products to review for you guys. I hope you are enjoying it as much as I have been!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment