Thursday, August 30, 2012

How Much Is Your Face Worth-Tag

I've seen this post on a few other beauty blogs lately and thought it was quite fascinating. The basic idea is to tally up the cost of all of the products you use on your face on any given day...The Price Of Beauty.

I kind of pride myself on using affordable products but I do let a high end item sneak in every once in a while. So I assumed that I would be in the mid-range, about $30. Um...not even close. Totalling up what you put on your face every day can give you sticker shock!



Face of the Day


Foundation-Neutrogena Healthy Skin $12
Powder-Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Skin Protecting Powder $4 (on sale, regularly $10)
Bronzer-Revlon Bronzed and Chic Bronzer $12
Blush-CoverGirl Classic Color Blush in Soft Mink-$5
Concealer-Maybelline Dream Lumi Concealer-$8
Eye Primer MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study $18.50 (purchased with gift card)
Eyeshadow-Wet n Wild Sweet as Candy $3
Eyeliner-Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen $8
Mascara-Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black $8
Eyebrow Pencil-Maybelline Expertwear brow pencil $4
Lipgloss-Bonne Bell Mocha Mousse $4

Grand Total...$86.50

I guess if you think about how much USE you are getting out of each product as well as how long certain things last (Paint Pot, Foundation, Bronzer will last several months before I need to repurchase) the cost makes a little more sense. Just seeing it all totalled up like that, looks like a  LOT of money to me.

Give it a try, how much is your face worth?

No comments:

Post a Comment