Friday, July 13, 2012

Hard Candy Baked Eyeshadow

I was at Walmart last night buying some new shelves. We recently did some renovations in the living room (exciting!!).

Anyway, of course because I was there I had to peruse the makeup aisle. I always browse the Hard Candy section but have never seen anything that really jumped out at me.

I saw the baked eyeshadows last night and it was love. They are SO PRETTY. My 2 favorite shades in my BareMinerals Ready Eyeshadow quad are almost completely gone so I've been looking for similar shades. Sad face. I almost purchased 3 different ones but ended up buying 1 to see how the quality was. They are $8 each, which is a lot for drugstore when you've never used the line of products before.

I ended up deciding on "Peace" because it seemed the most neutral and versatile. These are baked so they are very domed in the pan. I feel like this will last a long time. I really love that it has 2 different shades in one pot, it's very functional and these colors go beautifully together. This makes for a very easy eye look and is super convenient..

I used Urban Decay primer potion underneath, used the darker bronzey/taupe shade all over my lid and smudged on my lower lash line and then used the lighter champagne shade for my browbone and inner corner. It does have some fall-out as you are sweeping your brush across it but none on my face. It's very pigmented, blended easily and the color in the pan is what you get on the eye. I believe these can be used wet or dry.

So far, I am very impressed with these little baked eyeshadows. Have you tried these? Any colors you loved?



No comments:

Post a Comment