Monday, July 30, 2012

Nail Of The Day/Nail Polish Organization

Happy Monday Lovelies.

I posted on Twitter (twitter.com/lovelydalls) last week that I reorganized my nail polishes. I have always kept them in 2 plastic containers I got from Target but the collection was getting too big and I was forgetting what I had because I couldn't actually see it unless I went through it all.

I had these 3 shelves laying around and had an "AHA" moment. I put them up in the bathroom and organized the polishes by color. I see them organized brand a lot which I don't understand. I never go "ooh, I'm in the mood for OPI polish today". No, what I say is "I feel like pink". That makes sense to me.


I am loving it so far. It's so easy to just go in and grab a color. The polishes are in 2 rows on each shelf. As you can see, I generally purchase Essie, OPI, China Glaze, Orly and Nicole by OPI polishes. I just find that the quality and price point is right for what I like. I would be hard pressed to spend over $10 on a nail polish. I would never use it up before it got old and that's just a waste of money to me. I can't really believe that a $24 nail polish is any different than an $8 polish. Unless it paints itself on my fingers. Then we might be talking!

Now, this is not my entire collection. It's about 1/2 of it. But these are the colors I use the most and more of my summery colors. I will probably rotate in my more fall/winter colors as the seasons change.

So last night before True Blood came on, I ran in and grabbed the girliest mani supplies ever. China Glaze Base Coat, Revlon ColorStay Cafe Pink, Sally Girl In Love glittery top coat and Seche Vite to seal it all in. I only did glitter on the tips, which was kind of fun. Came out like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment