Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Beachy Waves

I recently cut about 4-5 inches off of my hair. It had gotten really long but the ends weren't too healthy from going from brunette back to blonde, so they needed to go. It feels a lot healthier and more thick, but I miss those inches...a whole lot.

I have realized though that this shorter (I realize it's still long hair) hair holds curls much easier than it did when it was longer. I have been playing around with it and have been into doing waves recently.

This usually works best on my second day hair. Just a little dry shampoo at the roots and then brush it through. I apply a little MoroccanOil to my ends and then I divide my hair into 3 different sections from the bottom layer to the top layer. I bring it to the front of my shoulders and begin curling. I use a 1" curling iron, but don't use the clamp. I hold it straight upside down vertically (so the handle is on top) and literally just wrap the hair away from my face around the curling iron. Make sure the iron is straight so that the waves are all symmetrical. Any wierd tilt will result in an odd wave. I leave the ends out so it looks a little messier. Hold for about 15 seconds and let go. Repeat around each layer and viola! Beachy waves.

I did them a little lower today because I'm wearing a pretty casual outfit, but you can do them higher on the head for a more all over wavy look. I use a little TRESemme level 4 hair spray to hold and this lasts all day.

I mess with the part too, most of the time I'll do this parted down the middle, but if it's second day hair I'll just go with the part I had the previous day. Today it's parted on the side, like it was yesterday.

Do you have any good beachy waves tricks?


No comments:

Post a Comment