Monday, April 30, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Longwear Nail Enamel

I had such high hopes for this stuff. I searched 3 different stores for it and couldn't wait to try it out. And then...let down.

I usually don't like the Revlon nail polishes. They are streaky, watery and chip almost immediately on me. And they don't have any super exciting colors. But I was willing to give the ColorStay a chance. They are supposed to be crazy long wearing (if you use Revlon base and top coat...which are crap, so I didn't) and allege to have a "gel-like" finish. Which, they do. If you can get past the goopy thickness which still ends up with a streaky finish. The brush is a messy nightmare, no matter how many times you wipe it, the handle just keeps sending polish down that brush like a faucet. It's stiff and wide and inevitably ends up all over your cuticles no matter how careful you are. The worst part? It takes FOREVER to dry. Even with Seche Vite top coat. Seriously, I applied it Saturday and 2 hours later it was still denting and moving. I took it off and reapplied yesterday thinking I hadn't given it enough time and 7 hours later, it still was "tacky" to the touch. It's the wierdest thing. I got it in Cafe Pink which is a lovely pink cream shade and would have been awesome for the slick glossy finish, but you can still see through it even after 2 coats. I would have done 3 but it's just too thick. It never would have dried.

End result: Wah, wah, wah...these are not awesome and lived up to my preconceived notions of Revlon nail polishes. Just not great quality in my opinion. Great concept, less than stellar end result.




No comments:

Post a Comment