Thursday, April 5, 2012

Favorite Lip Products

Next to foundation, I am almost as obsessed with lip products. I am also very picky about lip products. I do not like them too sticky, too scented, too "slippery", or gritty. I also prefer that the color payoff on my lips somewhat resembles the color in the tube. There are few things more annoying than finding a gorgeous color, putting it on and having it only make your lips look shiny, NO COLOR. What's the point?? So here are a few of my favorite, tried and true lippies:


Rimmel Lipstick in Airy Fairy: I am not a big fan of nude lipsticks. They make me look like death warmed over. However, this is a warmed up, pinky nude that never looks too pale or fake. It's flattering on and lasts so long. This one is always in my purse.

Korres Lip Butter in Jasmine: There is not really any color associated with this product, but that's ok. It's a sheer neutral pink in the tube. Which, I love the tube. You used to only be able to get these in the pots and I always felt like that was gross and messy. The tube is nice. It feels luscious on. Paraben and sulfate free, it just melts into your lips. Great on it's own or under your favorite lip color. Deeply moisturizing without being greasy. A classic!

NARS Lip Gloss in Orgasm: You know I love this color. It's golden, peachy and super saturated. The only thing about NARS is that I don't love the "flavor" of their lip glosses. They smell slightly more plasticky than I prefer, but the payoff is pretty impressive.

Clinique Lipstick in Fizy: I honestly don't even think they make this color anymore, but it's been a favorite for YEARS. I ratholed a whole bunch of them and am down to my last tube, so I'm making it last forever. This is of those colors that just makes your whole face pop and look alive. It's like a warmer, bronzey neutral that just works. The formula is great, long wearing and creamy.

BareMinerals Lip Gloss in Cupcake: I really like this color, but in general...I love this whole line of lip glosses. I have several. This one is so loved it's almost gone, but the others are just as awesome. They smell so good, feel awesome on and have a great payoff. Never sticky, also paraben and sulfate free. Like a lipgloss and a lip treatment all in one.

Not pictured (Because it's in my purse...ALWAYS):

Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait: The greatest thing ever. This is one of the only ones of the lip butters with shimmer, it's the prettiest shade. These feel like chapstick but have color like lipsticks, they are amazing. Easy to apply, awesome color payoff, great selection. These lip butters are a must-have product.

What are some of your favorite lip products?

No comments:

Post a Comment