Monday, April 16, 2012

Favorite Blushes

Oh blush...

Is there anything better than an awesome blush? One that makes you look fresh and awake while also giving you a healthy glow and makes your whole face come alive?

I tend to lean towards more apricot, rose, peachy shades of blush. I just find on my skin, these are the flattering shades and the ones I always go for.

Here are 5 of my tried and true, repurchased several times, favorite blushes:


As you can CLEARLY see, some of these are VERY loved. All the way to the pan. Don't judge.

Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush in Peach Satin. This is so FUN, and feels so wierd and awesome. I have a few of these but this is the shade I always grab. You can apply it with your fingers or I've also had nice results with a foundation brush (now dedicated only to cream blushes). This is almost spongy, you don't wipe product out of it, you almost tap your finger in and some transfers over. It's literally BOUNCY. These go on sheer but are easily buildable, you can wear them alone or almost as a blush "primer" and apply another powder blush on top to set it. They are long wearing and very pretty on.

ELF Blushing Bronzer. I think I have used this in some form every single day since I purchased it. I've purchased 2 more as gifts. This is AWESOME! Lovely pigmented peachy blush.

MAC in Peachykeen. Obviously well loved. I've repurchased this a few times.  It is a gorgeous deep peach with golden sheen. SO flattering and so saturated, you don't need much to get great results with this one.

CoverGirl Classic Color blush in Soft Mink. I have used this blush for over 15 years. It is one I always have on hand, it is universally flattering, it's got enough sheen to make your skin glowy but is not sparkly. This blush is just amazing and so beautiful.

Physician's Formula Mineral Glow Pearls Blush in Rose Pearl. One of the pinkiest blushes I own but SO incredibly gorgeous. Even in the package, it's pretty. Several shades of rose all in one package, swirl your brush across it and see amazing results. It's also shimmery, but not overwhelmingly so. This blush is buildable, but you see instant results. You don't have to use much and it's such a great, romantic look.

What are some of your favorite blushes? Any I should try?

No comments:

Post a Comment