Monday, April 9, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Eyeliners

Good morning! Hope everyone had a lovely Easter.

While out on the hunt for some goodies for little man's Easter basket, I came across these eyeliners from Revlon. I was kind of instantly smitten. Revlon ColorStay Liquid Eye Pen in blackened brown and Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner in black. They allege they last for 16 hours.

I've been on a liquid eyeliner kick for a long time now, usually using Almay in Brown Topaz or Loreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black (the holy grail). But I've been looking for a pencil eyeliner that doesn't smudge. I hate it when I look in the mirror half way through the day and can see where the eyeliner has rubbed against my eyelid/browbone area. Gross.

I put them to the test, swatched both on the back of my hands, hopped in the shower, washed my hair, they were both impressively long lasting and stayed on throughout. I will say, the pencil version only slightly outlasted the pen version, but I think that's because it's more saturated in color.

The pen version is really nice, it's a very precise pen so you can get in as close to your lash line as possible and it makes a very nice, clean line. The pencil is a self sharpening one.

I haven't had any problems with transfer, rubbing, wearing off, fading, flaking or clumping of either version. It's not like they are waterPROOF, if you rub them with water, they will come off. But if you were to wear them for a long day or you hopped in a pool and didn't touch your eyes, I'd say these eyeliners would stay put! They also had a nice color selection, the liquid eye pen comes in blackest black, black and blackened brown. The pencil comes in black, black brown, brown, charcoal, navy, blackberry and cocoa.



No comments:

Post a Comment