Thursday, October 4, 2012

L'Oreal Colour Riche Nail Color "Greyt Expectations"

I think I have finally found a drugstore nail polish line I can stand behind!

Aside from Essie (which is now partially drugstore, but hasn't always been and even now you can only get a limited portion of their colors in stores) there aren't many drugstore nail polishes that I really think are worth purchasing. Unless it's a glittery top coat or something that the quality doesn't really matter, I don't generally like drugstore nail polishes. I normally use China Glaze, OPI, Nicole (a good drugstore option!) and Essie.

Until now.

I was at Walgreens a few days ago getting some other stuff and came across the L'Oreal Colour Riche collection. I've been eyeing it for a while because I love the color selection and the packaging is so luxe. I saw Greyt Expectations and just had to have it. I don't have anything in my collection like this color and for $5.99 I figured, no big whoop if it sucked.

It definitely does not. This color is a dusty, warm, greyed taupe and is so flattering on the nail. It has a small brush so application is clean and easy, it applies smoothly and is not streaky, which even higher end brands like Essie can sometimes be. I used 3 coats to ensure opacity but did not need them. Topped with Seche Vite and this stuff is still going strong 4 days later with no hint of chipping or wearing off. It's still glossy for goodness sakes!!


color after application
color after 4+ days of wear
color without flash
I am more than impressed with this and will definitely be purchasing other colors. How Romantic, Satin Sheets, After Hours, Haute Couture Red and Sweet Nothings are next on my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment