Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Cold Weather Must-Haves for Your Hands

Seriously, this weather.

It went from 80 degrees last week to pouring rain and black clouds this week. I don't know about you guys but extreme temperature changes like that can do a number on my hands. All the sudden they are dry and my cuticles are a mess!

So last night I busted out a few of my tried and true products for my hands and wanted to share.

Both are available at the drugstore and both are sold for under $10.


Aquaphor Healing Ointment and Burt's Bee's Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream.

I think I found the Aquaphor after a tattoo a few years ago. It is kind of scary out of the tube because it looks like Vaseline, it's so thick (hence the name ointment!). This stuff seriously works! I usually only use it at night time because it doesn't absorb quickly but I don't really want it to. It's not a lotion, it's a heavy duty skin protectant. Any areas of dry, flaky skin on your hands, elbows, heels, wherever...this stuff will take care of it. I have purchased several tubes of it and it is something that I always have on hand especially during the cold winter months.

I am a huge Burt's Bee's fan as far as their treatments are concerned. I find them to be some of the best quality that you can get at a drugstore and this cuticle cream is no exception. I have one that I keep next to my nightstand and apply before bedtime. A few nights with this on and my cuticles look and feel amazing. This is a great product that I can't say enough good things about! The only thing I would change is I wish the lid was a screw top lid rather than the pull of kind. It can be hard to get the lid off occasionally. Other than that, this is a great product.

No comments:

Post a Comment