Thursday, March 29, 2012

Favorite Spring/Summer Nail Polishes

I admit it...I am a nail polish freak. I change my polish about every 3 days, chipping or not. I refile, buff, shape and paint them pretty consistently. In the spring and summer I gravitate towards bright, cheery colors that compliment a tan or give the illusion of sun kissed skin. Here are 5 of my favorite Spring/Summer Nail Polishes.




Always finished with Seche Vite Top coat, shown left.

China Glaze-"For Audrey". The perfect tiffany shade of blue, a flattering creamy robins egg blue. Opaque in 2 coats, long lasting and a fun and unexpected color.

China Glaze-"Spontaneous". This is a creamy purple, there is nothing pastel about this color. It's straight up purple. Lovely shade, different than other purples I've seen. Has the China Glaze quality I love and is long lasting.

Essie-"Mod Square". I'd describe this as a barbie pink. Cream formula, this one does take a good 3 coats to be completely opaque. It doesn't last quite as long as the China Glaze ones, but this color is one of my absolute favorites..

NARS-"Orgasm". Come on now, you know I love this one. Pinky, a ripe peach with golden shimmer. This lasts forever on my nails, is so flattering and bright without being obnoxious. Great polish.

Orly-"Passionfruit". This is riiiiiight on the verge of being neon. It's a bright orangey raspberry color, nice brush, dries quickly and is SO pretty with a tan. A go-to summer color for sure.

What are some of your favorite shades for summer?

Song of the Day: Alone With You-Jake Owen

No comments:

Post a Comment