Friday, March 16, 2012

Review: AcneFree-24 Hour Acne Clearing System Review

Oh Acne...I HATE YOU.

But seriously, it's so inconvenient! I never really had skin problems until after I had our son. I started getting these cystic beasts on my cheeks, one at a time but each one left a lovely little dark spot on my cheek. Nothing really on my forehead, nose or chin. Which made makeup a neccesity and I became obsessed with finding the perfect foundation rather than fixing the problem.

I started using ProActiv about 6 years ago with great success until they changed the formulation. The new "gentler" formula does not work for me at all. It just is too "gentle" I guess. So I've been back to square 1 with minimal success for the past year and a half or so trying everything under the sun (Clinique, Clean & Clear, Clearasil, Dr. Bonners, Aveeno, you name it, I've tried it.). Nothing worked.

Cut to me, one Saturday night after the boys had gone to bed googling "drugstore dupes for ProActiv". I came across a link for AcneFree at Target. I read the reviews there and then read reviews on other sites and literally bought it the next day. I got mine at Target for $17.99 for the 3 peice kit. I've been using it for about 3 weeks now and WOW. It's still working on clearing up some existing spots I was having issues with but almost overnight the overall tone of my skin improved vastly. It looks fresh and glowy again. The spots I did have are noteably smaller and lighter and almost gone, I have not had a new breakout since I started using it. I use mine twice a day, in the morning and before bed and I am super impressed with this. The convenience factor alone in being able to pick it up at Target really goes far with me. But the best part is, THIS STUFF ACTUALLY WORKS for me!!

Please note, this has a higher benzoyl peroxide level than ProActiv does. So if your skin responds better to salicylic acid, that might be something to consider. Also, it can be drying as that's how it clears the skin. I only noticed the "tightness" for about the first 3 days and now that has subsided. If you do experience drying that bothers you, I'd use it once a day to start with.


acnefree.com
















Song of the Day: Sweetest Kill-Broken Social Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment