Monday, May 6, 2013

Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette


I had a gift card for Sephora burning a hole in my pocket. I wanted to get something I wouldn't normally buy for myself. So, instead of blowing it on bottles of nail polish, I was smart and actually purchased something awesome.

I know everyone in the blogosphere has already reviewed this, but I thought I'd throw my little 2 cents in there too.

For me, this is a great companion to the other 2 Naked Palettes, but also super great to throw in your makeup bag and have one palette for several different looks. Naked 2 even works great for my brows, so this really can be an all inclusive eye palette for me.

This is my first real adventure with mattes, aside from Naked and Buck in the original Naked Palette. I'm a satin finish kind of girl. But the mattes in this palette have reformed me. It makes such a soft, wearable look. So nice for day/work and I especially like it with my reading glasses. Sometimes the glare off glasses with a shimmery eye look is too much. Matte's just look polished and done.

 
I like them all except for Foxy. It is the only one that feels "chalky" to me and it just doesn't show up on my eyes at all. Even with a primer. I haven't found a good use for Foxy yet, so if you know of one, let me know.

Day to day, I wear W.O.S. on my eyelid, Venus (the only one with shimmer) on my inner corner and browbone and Naked 2 in my crease and lower lash line. Naked 2 packs more punch than you think it would, a little goes a long way. I like using Faint on the outer V, but seriously, just a small amount.




No comments:

Post a Comment