Monday, May 20, 2013

Julie G "Cabana Boy" Nail Polish

I'm not usually a blue nail kind of girl, but I saw this color and just had to have it.
 
JulieG Cabana Boy

It was only $3.99 at RiteAid, I felt justified trying a new brand at that price.

I know JulieG is a YouTube guru and I've seen some of her videos on her nail polishes but had never heard anything about Cabana Boy. I'd describe it as a mid toned blue cream with maybe a slight purpley undertone. Enough that it keeps it flattering on your hands.

This applied like a dream. Literally opaque in one coat. I did 2 to be safe, topped with SV and it lasted 5 days without chipping and very minimal wear. One of the best drugstore nail polishes I've ever tried.

It is such a stand out blue, it definitely gets noticed on the nails. It's almost electric cobalt blue without being neon or obnoxious. Such a vibrant and unique nail color. It would also make a great toe color.

The awesomeness of this polish makes me want to try other JulieG colors. I would defintely repurchase and see this as a long time summer color!

One coat, seriously opaque
 
2 coats and SV topcoat

No comments:

Post a Comment