Wednesday, May 8, 2013

CoverGirl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm

I am such a sucker for lip crayons. It's awful. I see the chubby sticks and brightly colored packaging and it just sucks me in.

I have been pretty loyal to the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, but the 2 colors I have of those are pretty basic. Honey and Precious. Very good daily basics but nothing bright or exciting.

I saw this color at Target and thought I'd give CoverGirl a whirl. Watermelon Twist spoke to me...




I don't know why they describe these as a "gloss". It's not. The color is beautiful and it feels very nice on the lips but definitely does not have a glossy finish. I'd go much more with the "balm" portion of the description. It feels velvety and moisturizing on the lips.

The staying power is average. Less than the Revlon but still fine. When a product is this easy to apply and feels like lip balm, I don't mind reapplying and don't really expect products like this to last all day.

Overall, I do like this product and think it's great that they have different colors than the other brands. I think this is a perfect spring/summer lip product. Low maintenance with great color payoff. Have you tried any of these? What colors are you guys loving?

No comments:

Post a Comment