Monday, May 13, 2013

China Glaze Sun Worshiper

One of my favorite Beauty Bloggers, Amarixe, did an awesome ombre nail tutorial on her YouTube page last week. It peaked my interest, because I had 2 out of the 3 colors (Sun Worshiper and Flip Flop Fantasy) she used and another that I liked a little better than the hot pink she used (I used China Glaze Pool Party). I was really excited because she used a color that I've had for a while and have never really known what to do with it.

China Glaze Sun Worshiper. It's a gorgeous yellowy, neon orange that is stunning in the bottle but a little sheer on the nail. I'm not a huge orange fan so I've loved it but never used it. She used it over a layer of white and then faded to a coral color into a neon pink. SO GORGEOUS.



I tried it first like Amarixe did with really great results. It's an awesome tutorial for any color of ombre nail. I liked it so well that I actually did it for 2 manicures in a row and then decided to use Sun Worshiper on it's own.



I don't like it as well as I did on the ombre nails, mainly because it's very sheer on it's own. It does need a lighter base underneath to really make it pop. I had to do 5 thin coats to get it to show like this which means it will probably peel within a day or two. But it is a gorgous color and great against a tan. I will keep trying this color in different ways to get it to work the best, so far I like it in small increments such as an accent nail or in an ombre look.

No comments:

Post a Comment