Friday, September 28, 2012

Revlon ColorStay Smoky Shadow Stick in Torch

Revlon has finally disappointed me you guys.


Today I'm reviewing the Smoky Shadow Stick in Torch. I purchased this one because it looked to be the most wearable of the bunch. I love the idea in theory but knew it would be hard to beat my love for the Color Tattoo cream shadows.

The idea is that you use the chubbier, light color on your lid and browbone and the pointier, dark color on your crease and lower lashline. An all-in-one cream shadow stick. Unfortunately, as soon as I opened mine the brown fell out of the tube and was broken inside. Boo.


I put it back in the tube and made it work so that I could review it. I wore mine a little differently than the directions. For me, the light shade was too light for me to wear alone on my lid. It just felt too soft. I applied the brown all over my lid and up into my crease and then used the champagne color on my browbone and inner corner. For as soft/slick as it feels, this product was difficult to blend and most of the color came off on my finger resulting in a pretty light, natural eye look. After a few hours of wear, I did have some creasing but it stayed on the whole day.

applied with no primer, after 7 hours of wear
On the whole, I don't think I would repurchase this item. I feel like I can get better results with other products. If you want awesome cream shadows, I can't say enough about the Maybelline Color Tattoo ones or also MAC paint pots. I have yet to find something comparable to either. I do like the idea of a shadow stick, but I feel like the formulation it requires to put it in stick form makes it more difficult to work with and less long wearing.

applied, 2 coats out of the tube

slightly blended with fingers
Have you tried the smokey shadow sticks?

No comments:

Post a Comment