Friday, September 21, 2012

St. Ives Reviews...2 Yahoos! and one big fat Boo!

Today I am reviewing 3 products from St. Ives. I've always been a big fan of St. Ives products because they are affordable and have always been great products for me. Typically, they do what they say they will do and with great results.

2 of these products lived up to that and the last one...well, it definitely did not.

I'm sure you have seen this first product pinned on at least one of your friends Pinterest boards. St. Ives Timeless Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer. It's the one recommended by Dr. Oz.




I found it at Fred Meyers for about $4 and thought it was worth a try. You get 10 oz of product. It's huge and will probably last over a year even with twice daily use. The basic jist is that with with twice daily use the collagen and elastin will help soften fine lines and wrinkles and improve skin's overall condition. It is very light but creamy, not greasy at all and has a lovely fresh scent. Nothing overpowering. It absorbs easily into the skin and leaves it feeling hydrated and healthy. I love this moisturizer and feel like it definitely will be a staple in my skin care regime.

Next is the Timeless Skin Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub. A close cousin to the infamous Original Apricot Scrub, this works great in correlation to the moisturizer.



It contains alpha hydroxy and is a little creamier and gentler than the orignal version. I feel like this is gentle enough for every day use and can definitely see a noteable difference in my skin after use. It was about $3 for the tube and will likely last at least 6 months.

Now for the fail. Fresh Skin Makeup Remover and Facial Cleanser.




Tube says "This cleanser effortlessly removes even the heaviest make-up while cleaning the skin". Awesome, right? NOT SO FAST. The directions say to moisten face, massage product onto face and rinse off. What you are left with is all of your makeup still ON your face and a gross, greasy residue that water won't remove.


Like McKayla Maroney, I'm "not impressed".

I feel like this would work to remove eye makeup if you applied it with a cotton ball and really worked with it but that's not how you are instructed to use it. I don't understand this product at all. Maybe it's like the theory behind cold creams our grandma's used to use. Maybe you are supposed to leave it on and let it work it's magic and then wipe it off? I don't know. Maybe if I'm bored one day I will mess around with it and see how you actually get it to work but I don't feel like I should have to. Thankfully, it was only $3 for this epic failure so no love lost there, but it's always disappointing to purchase a major dud. Let me know if you have tried this product and found a way of making it work for you!

**ETA: I got bored Saturday night and decided to make this product work. I found a way. If you apply to a damp face, massage your face and eye makeup off and then wipe the product off with a warm, wet washcloth...it will work and will remove all of your makeup without leaving a gross residue, so...there is hope for this baby yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment