Over the years, I've tried several different brands and formulations, here are a few of my all time favorites that I always keep on hand.
1. Jergens Natural Glow Face. Because sometimes my skin can be cranky, I've never felt comfortable using a sunless tanner lotion on my face. I've also been wary of the dreaded orange around my hairline and eyebrows. I've had nothing but awesome results with this product. It's subtle but effective and blends easily. It's never broken me out. I always keep a bottle of this around now.
2. Jergens Natural Glow Foaming Self Tanner. I actually bought this on accident. I thought I was getting the Jergens Natural Glow Spray. I was hesitant to use a foam as it just seems less dependable and harder to apply evenly. Suprisingly, this is my new favorite. It dries SO FAST and there is little to no "sunless tanner odor". It's a very mousse like consistency, pump out about 1/4 less than you think you'll need, a little goes a long way. It's a little slower to build the color, I'd say it takes about a week to get the full deep tan color but this lasts really long and is never streaky or orange. I was pleasantly surprised by this product!
3. The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Every Day Summer Body Lotion. This smells SO good! It is super moisturizing, easy to use and SLOWLY builds a nice color. Because it's so subtle you can use this every day as your daily moisturizer and also get a little color in the process. I really enjoy this product.
4. True Blue Spa Solar Power All Angle Professional Airbrush Tan. I got this at Bath and Body Works. THIS STUFF WORKS. Dries quickly, the nozzle will spray in any direction making hard to reach areas like the backs of your legs or your back very easy to reach. Applies super evenly and makes a gorgeous bronzey golden tan. This also gets you color quickly. I'd say you notice a difference after only one use. GREAT product.
5. Loreal Sublime Bronze Any Angle Self-Tanning Spray. If you can't get your hands on the True Blue spray, this is almost an exact drugstore dupe. A little different scents to them, but the results are almost identical. This also sprays in any angle and dries quickly.
Worth noting, I always buy sunless tanners in the "Medium to Dark" category. I find that the lighter versions turn an unpleasant orangey color while the Medium to Dark versions give a more realistic tan color.