Wednesday, July 3, 2013

4th of July Nail Ideas

I was going through nail art on Pinterest last night (as usual) and remembered I had done a couple of cute patriotic nail looks last year. I did a little sparkly nautical mani last night and wanted to throw it out there too. It's not my favorite because I'm testing a new top coat and it streaked the colors a teeny bit. Enough to annoy me. Probably only me, but that's ok.

These looks are all very easy, all using drugstore polishes and toothpicks for the stars and hearts. Super easy, beginner type nail art but if I'm only wearing something for a day or two I'm not going to make it too difficult. Plus it was 96 degrees last night, too...hot...to...create.

We are going to a rodeo and firework show tonight and spending tomorrow on the river and BBQing with the family. Just like our forefathers intended.

Happy 4th of July!


 



 
For this look I just painted all the nails with 2 coats of JulieG "Cabana Boy". I used a very sparkly polish from Nicole by OPI on my index and ring fingers for the firework sparkle look. I used a white nail polish with a thin nail art brush to make the 5 white stripes on each side. I could have used tape for perfect lines but I didn't really want perfect here. When that was dry I used Target Red by L'Oreal and made 2 dots on my middle finger with a toothpick and then connected them to make the heart. Pretty easy. Allowed it to dry and topped with Sally Hansen Insta Dry Anti Chip polish (the one in the red bottle).
 
I found a couple of other mani ideas on Pinterest if you want to put a little more effort in than I did. I thought these looked simple and classy but still festive and super adorable. Like I said, these were all found on Pinterest. It is a great resource for creative ideas to make your own!
4th of July Nails
Get nautical with this cute 4th of July Nail Art Tutorial (via Pretty Prudent).
Pure Ice 4th of July nails
4th of July nails :)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment