Monday, July 8, 2013

Sally Hansen Insta-Dry Anti Chip Top Coat

Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat  - packaged
photo courtesy of sallyhansen.com
 
I have used Seche Vite pretty religiously for the past 2 or 3 years. I like it because it dries my nail polish so quickly and leaves them super glossy and professional looking. The downside that I have been majorly overlooking is the polish shrinkage that I've only ever seen with Seche Vite. Even if I wrap the polish around the tips of my nails, it shrinks it from the cuticles.
 
I have been able to deal with it because of the other great qualities but lately it's just annoying me too much. I feel like it ruins the nail art I work so hard on if they already look like they are grown out or have tip wear from polish shrinkage.
 
So I have been trying several different "quick dry" top coats. The trick is to find one that specifically says it dries other polishes, not just a fast drying top coat. I saw this one from Sally Hansen on sale at Walgreens for $2.80 and snatched it right up. Seche Vite is usually $10 a bottle and you can only ever get 1/2 way through a bottle before it turns to sludge.
 
The instructions say to let your polish dry for 2 minutes and then apply this top coat. I totally agree with that. You will see color transfer to the brush if you rush any quicker than that. However, if you wait the 2 minutes, apply a light coat of Insta-Dry and allow it to dry for 30 seconds, it's completely dry to the touch with no shrinkage at all. So....WIN?!
 
I tested this out on a few different manicures with all different kinds of polishes. I get AT LEAST 5 days with no chipping. I would say this gives a 5-7 day manicure on me. Which is very impressive for an at home manicure. No tip wear and my nails stay super glossy with a gel like finish.
 
I can't say enough good things about this little red bottle. It has completely replaced Seche Vite in my mani ritual. 

No comments:

Post a Comment