Friday, June 28, 2013

Maybelline The Falsies "Big Eyes" Double Ended Mascara


I popped into Walgreens to get some travel sized goodies for a trip I'm taking soon. I needed a new mascara because mine had turned to crap. I saw the "Big Eyes" display and needed no further prodding. Into the cart it went.

I should mention that the original The Falsies is my absolute favorite drugstore mascara. I repurchase it every 3 months. So the idea of The Falsies on one end and a little teeny tiny bottom lash wand on the other end of one tube was pretty much my idea of heaven.

Here's the rub. The brush for the top lashes is not The Falsies brush. Based on that alone, I wish they would have called this something else because the main thing I love about The Falsies IS THE FREAKING BRUSH. The original has the same spaces between the bristles, but it's in a straight line down a curved brush so you get these long amazing lashes. The Big Eyes wand has the same spacing, but they are twisting around the brush so your lashes can get this clumpy wierdness until you figure out how to use it. It does get better after a few uses and gives pretty results.


The bottom lash side doesn't do anything for my bottom lashes aside from making them darker. It reminds me a lot of the original Maybelline Great Lash in the green and pink tube. Which does nothing for me either. When I use the original Falsies version on my bottom lashes I get some length and volume. Not with Big Eyes. But the original version does smudge a little by the end of the day. So...Big Eyes wins here because it doesn't.

I got this in the waterproof formula because I need one for summer. I do like it for that and don't notice any flaking, smudging or smearing throughout the hot days. Which is fantastic. This does also make my lashes stay curled a lot longer than the original version.

Overall, I think I would repurchase this mascara for the convenience factor alone of having 2 in 1. Great for travel and I do think the waterproof version is great. The only thing is I wish they would have not associated it with The Falsies because they are nothing alike. Good formula, easy to use and such a great idea. Slight miss on the brushes for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment