Tuesday, December 11, 2012

L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Makeup

I think I'm a foundation junkie.

That's the only reasonable excuse for my ever growing foundation collection. They just make so many different kinds with different finishes and coverages, I just can't resist.

I did have a real reason for buying, yet another, foundation. I'M PALE. All of mine were spring/summer colors and at least one or two shades too dark for me. So off I trudged. Walgreens was having a buy one get one sale on L'Oreal so I decided that since I love the L'Oreal True Match Lumi so much, I'd try the original True Match Super Blendable Makeup.

Natural Buff - N3
photo courtesy of lorealparis.com

Gotta say...I'm impressed.

I really didn't think I would be. There's nothing about the "True Match" technology that really wows me. I don't think it automatically adjusts to your skin tone to match. I do think that they have a massive assortment of shades to match a large variety of skintones though and they are grouped nicely between Warm, Neutral and Cool tones to make it easier to find what you need. In the True Match Lumi, I was a C4 but with the original True Match I'm an N3.

I was a little wary when I saw that it's a pour top container. I absolutely hate those. Even more wary when I poured some out and saw how "thin" it is. It's a very runny foundation, which in my past experience has not equated nice coverage.

I decided to apply it with my hands the first time to really get a feel for the texture and how it applies on the skin. It almost has a powdery feel under the fingers, like a primer almost. One application and...completely different skin. Dab a little more in the areas that need extra coverage and they disappear. This stuff is definitely medium/full coverage foundation but in a way that doesn't look fake or mask like. Just covers what you need it to cover.

I set it with a loose powder because I get oily in my T-Zone. It's not a matte finish or a glowy finish, I'd say it's a pretty natural finish and lasts through a normal work day on me just fine.

Overall, I am pleasantly surprised with this foundation and will definitely be repurchasing! My sensitive skin has not broken out from it like I did with ColorStay.

I also think that L'Oreal has some of the best drugstore foundations and am very impressed with their products that I've tried. They are quickly moving up to one of my favorite drugstore brands!

No comments:

Post a Comment