Friday, December 14, 2012

Easiest Red Lip...Ever?

I really love a good red lip. Especially this time of the year. It is just festive and brightens up your whole face. But...a good red lip usually takes some work and is more high maintenance than I like on a daily basis.

Until now.



I've talked before about how much I love the Revlon Colorburst Lip Butters. They are an amazing invention and if I could, I would own every color. I recently picked up Cherry Tart. Like Peach Parfait, Cherry Tart is one of the few Lip Butters that have some shimmer to them. Most are a cream finish.

This is just the easiest, low maintenance red lip I've ever worn. One swipe leaves a beautiful rosy flush to the lips. Two or three swipes leaves a gorgeous, wearable, red lip that feels like you are wearing nothing more than chapstick and actually leaves my lips feeling softer after application. You don't even need a mirror. Just swipe it on like chapstick and BOOM, beautimous red lips.



One of my favorite things about this particular type of red lip is that you don't have to worry about it wearing off oddly. When you use a red lip liner and do several rounds of blotting, reapplying, blotting, reapplying to get a good red lip, you can end up with an odd red ring around your lips by the end of the night. With something like a Lip Butter, it just evenly wears off and leaves a pretty rosy tint to the lips.

I find the wear time on Cherry Tart to be comparable to a regular Revlon lipstick but I enjoy the texture of the Lip Butters much more. It doesn't feel like a lipstick. It just feels like moisturized lips! With this kind of easy wear, I feel more comfortable wearing something a little more bold like a red lip during the day instead of feeling like it's a special occasion only kind of look. I can't say enough good things about Revlon Lip Butters!




No comments:

Post a Comment