Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Mineral Eyeshadows

I have a real Love/Hate relationship with mineral eyeshadows. Particularly of the loose variation. On one hand I think the color payoff is immense and the ranges of colors are amazing, but they are not travel convenient and can get quite messy. Loose mineral eyeshadows are really a product for a stay at home makeup collection and need to stay flat when not in use, not ideal for a makeup bag. If you are patient and take good care of them, I think mineral eyeshadows can produce beautiful eye looks.


Here's a quick peek at a few of my favorites. I have several from e.l.f. and a few from BareMinerals. In the photo's of the swatches, I applied one swipe over the e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadow Primer (which is an amazing primer for any eyeshadow).

Wet N Wild MegaShimmer in "White Lotus":

(not mineral, but same effect)
A very shimmery pale ivory. Great over whites, silvers or greys for an icy shimmery effect.

BareMinerals in "Queen Phyllis":
All time favorite golden shade, have repurchased many times. Great for browbone or inner corner highlighting.

e.l.f. in "Elegant":
The champagne cousin to Queen Phyllis.

e.l.f. in "Sweet":
Because every girl should have a pretty pink in her collection.





e.l.f. in "Wild":
A deep, cool coffee brown with gold flecks. A lot of the gold flecks are lost upon application.

e.l.f in "Confident":
A rich shimmery mocha with high shine.

BareMinerals in "Queen Tiffany":
A plummy satin taupe, another shade I adore and have repurchased several times.


Overall I think that the e.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadows are every bit as nice as the BareMineral ones. However, I do think the BareMinerals are only slightly more finely milled. I find that some of the e.l.f. ones can have a bit more fall-out, but for $3 each it is hardly worth fussing over. BareMinerals eyeshadow pots retail for about $12 and are still a very affordable, high quality product.

No comments:

Post a Comment