Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Drugstore Highlighter-Wet n Wild "Reserve Your Cabana"

Pretty much forever I have been searching for a drugstore powder highlighter that I liked. I have been using a Pixi one that I've had FOREVER but it is a little too peachy. Still gorgeous, just not exactly what I've been looking for.

I have seen EmilyNoel talk about Wet n Wild "Reserve Your Cabana" and have not been able to find it in any of our stores. We don't have an Ulta nearby either, shame.

However, a few weeks ago I was looking at the makeup aisle in Walgreens...as you do...and ta-da! There she was. In all of her $3 glory.

Suffice it to say, she was mine in an instant.

Can I just say how HUGE this is? It is literally bigger than my palm.

Technically it is sold as a "bronzer". I'm not sure who this would bronze as it is literally cream colored. It is definitely a highlighter, with it's cream color and slightly shimmery/sheen finish. It makes your face glow in a gorgeous way.


I like to use this on top of my cheekbones, down the nose and the cupids bow. I've even used it on minimal makeup days for my brow and inner corner highlight and it's worked beautifully.

The only...ONLY...thing that I don't completely love about this is that it is slightly powdery. As in, if you put your brush in, even lightly, you will have fall out. So make sure you tap any excess off before going to your face.

Other than that, this is a STEAL and once it runs out, if it ever runs out, this is something that will be a permanent addition to the makeup collection!


No comments:

Post a Comment