Thursday, January 17, 2013

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve

Rose Salve. Sounds great, right? I was so disappointed to not love this.

I am a big fan of rose scented things, so long as it's realistic rose and not grandma rose. The packaging on this is adorable, so vintage looking and cute. It was only$5.99 at BBW so I grabbed it with a few lip glosses.

When I opened it it looked so pretty, a rosey tinted salve perfect for lips, elbows, cuticles. However, as soon as I touched it...blech. It's this sickly sweet scented pink vaseline like goo. It feels far too "oily" to be moisturizing. I've tried it a few times on my cuticles and it literally does nothing. It just makes my fingers greasy and doesn't soak in. It just rubs off on anything your fingers go near.

I think the idea behind this is great and if they worked on the scent and the formula a little more they could have something awesome. But this is just a fail for me as it is right now.

I think I'll stick to my Burts Bee's cuticle cream.
Rose Salve - C.O. Bigelow - Bath & Body Works

No comments:

Post a Comment