Thursday, March 19, 2015

Simple Micellar Cleansing Water


I've been wanting to try a cleansing water since I started watching Pixiwoo videos on YouTube. Sam is always using Bioderma Crealine H2O. It just looked interesting, she used it to remove makeup, to touch up accidents (mascara transfer or liquid eyeliner splats) and it looked like it just effortlessly did the job. So when I saw this little bottle of magic at Target, I just knew I had to try it out. My skin has just gotten more and more sensitive the older I get and I just can't stand using super "chemical" products on it. It freaks out. The more gentle the products are that I use in my skincare regime, the happier my skin is.

I'll be honest up front when I say that this does clean, but not 100% clean. I still see makeup residue on my Clarisonic after I use this even though the cotton pad is clean. So, this is good for removing makeup but I would still wash your face after using this if you, like me, break out from sleeping in any traces of makeup whatsoever.

It's very gentle, feels very nice on your skin. Literally feels like water. There's no oily residue or anything leftover. It has good ingredients and I like using this a lot more than a greasy or creamy makeup remover, it just *feels* better on my skin.


I wear long wearing makeup like Double Wear and waterproof mascara and long lasting eyeliners and this had no problem getting almost all of that off my face. I found larger cotton pads that are more oblong shaped and those are great for this product. One little pad is not going to work to remove standard daily makeup.

I do recommend this and would definitely repurchase it as a first step of my nightly cleansing. I also like it for cleaning up accidents like Sam does with her Bioderma. A little dab of this on a Qtip will remove the reddest of red lipstick smudges or the blackest of black eyeliner/mascara oopsies.


No comments:

Post a Comment