Friday, August 29, 2014

Little Amazing Finds

I have been obsessing over these 2 products lately and had to share.

 
The first one is the Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector for Combo/Oily skin. I know...a drugstore BB cream? Bear with me. It's amazing. I've tried a ton of other BB Creams and was less than impressed. I didn't even like the original Garnier BB Cream. No coverage, they smelled like sunscreen and felt greasy on my face. Not a fan. I went camping recently and needed something I could apply in the morning and give me a little coverage and protect my face. Like a good blogger, I read some reviews and it seemed like this little treasure was different.

I gave it a go and am so glad I did. This is NOT a tinted moisturizer. It's got really great coverage, dries to a semi matte finish and feels really nice on the skin. It has SPF of 20 but doesn't smell or feel like sunscreen.

I will tell you a little secret though. I like this best when applied with a sponge (wedge, beauty blender...whatever you like) not a brush and not your fingers. I find I get the best coverage and finish when applied that way. It lasts all day without breaking up in the oily places and doesn't oxidize or turn orange. They don't have a great color selection (I think only 4). I wear the Light/Medium. I highly recommend. $12.99 at Fred Meyer.



This is just the BB cream, under eye concealer (no concealer anywhere else), bronzer and blush on my face, not counting eye makeup. Seriously good coverage.

The other little prize I'm coveting is the Maybelline Define-A-Brow. My Revlon Brow pencil got too short to sharpen anymore and I did not like the brow gel that was on the other end of it at all. It made my brows look flaky. Ew. So I'd been on the hunt for something that was very taupe for my eyebrows with not even a sneaky hint of warmth. Nothing I loathe more than an orange brow on a blonde. Not cute.

I saw this little tiny tube and it instantly reminded me of the Anastasia Brow Wiz. Same slender tube, except this one is lime green. I picked it up in the Dark Blonde color and it's fantastic. The color is perfect. Don't wind too much up, I only wind up a small amount at a time so it won't break off and haven't had any issues. It's waterproof so you don't have to worry about your eyebrows disappearing in the heat/pool. For a fraction of the price of the Anastasia, this is a gem! $7.99 at Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment