Monday, March 24, 2014

CoverGirl Bombshell Volume Mascara

Just...no thank you.

I don't know why I bought into the hype. I should have known better. My long time fav mascara, Maybelline The Falsies, hasn't been impressing me lately. I was just bored and saw this ginormous tube of neon pink wonder and the bombshell name really appealed to me.

Would it make me a bombshell?? Pretty much, no.

volume mascara
covergirl.com

For starters I hate double ended mascara. Who has time for that? If one formula isn't strong enough to give me good results I don't want to apply another product on top of it. This isn't a primer and mascara double ended deal here though, it's actually 2 different mascaras with 2 totally different brushes. Side one is pretty much classic Lashblast formula with the rubber bristled brush. Side 2 is an "intensifying top coat" with a traditional spoolie brush and a much wetter/stickier formula. Side 2 is supposed to seal in side 1.

What you end up with is goopy spider lashes. I've tried applying this several different ways, with eyeliner, without, with eyeshadow, without, hated it all the ways.

It's clumpy, doesn't add volume or length and it feels sticky on. It transferred to my browbone, which is never usually an issue I have and smudged under my eyes. The worst part about it is that while it transfers and smudges it's a literal bi*ch to remove. Even my eye makeup remover that is made for waterproof eye makeup didn't remove all of this. I let it sit on the lashes, I gently tried to remove, then I scrubbed and 10 minutes later still had raccoon eyes and had managed to lose lashes in the process.

I just don't get this mascara and I've never hated a product as much as I hate this mascara. If it works for you, please let me know the secret. If you haven't tried it, I'd save the $9 (really CoverGirl??) and try something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment